Thursday, February 10, 2011

My charts for 2010



Heading towards mid February it is time to evaluate 2010: I feel that the importance of "record charts" is diminishing compared to lets say 20 years ago because music choices are more personal and styles and offers exploded. Nevertheless, if you look around the web there is plenty of them but I actually never cared about creating one so far myself. For instance, I like the lists over at BNR Metal a lot as they compare personal charts with votes ones. A short evaluation within foobar2000 showed me that I added 583 releases in 2010 (eps and lps) and these are my findings for the best of each month for 2010. Many of the entries are released in 2010 but As the release year does not matter for me there are also new highlights with a different release year:

January Badi Assad - Solo (1994) World Music, Jazz
February Magaly Solier - Warmi (2009) World Music
March Crookram - Through Windows (2010) Electronic Music
April Various Artists - Futuro Flamenco Vol. 2 (2003) World Music
May Comfort Fit - Forget And Remember LP (2005) Electronic Music
June Vacation :)
July Ghosthill - Embrace Of A Chasm (2010) Metal
August ReVamp - ReVamp (2010) Metal
September Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Dizzy Mizz Lizzy & Rotator (2010) Alternative
October Evig Natt - Darkland (2010) Metal
November Hossein Alizadeh, Madjid Khaladj, Homa Niknam - Parandeha - Birds (2002) World Music
December Claudia Acuña - Wind From The South (1999) Jazz

So, from the music point of view 2010 has been a year of great discoveries for me - maybe you discovered something here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment